Dog Bite Lawyer, Fielding Law
The injuries caused by these types of accidents tend to be serious and will usually require a doctor to observe them. These types of accidents are governed by a variety of laws and regulations, usually the fault is directed to the owners of the dogs.
Thanks to these laws, the victim has the right to file an accusation and obtain compensation. The victim can choose a lawyer to help him in the process, which he can contact on the following page: https://www.fieldinglaw.com/mesquite-dog-bite-lawyer/
What to do after a dog bite?
Get proper medical treatment as soon as possible. It is not recommended that the victim wait a long time, since surprisingly a dog bite can be fatal, from scars for a lifetime, damaging a nerve to causing some psychological trauma if the victim is a child. If the victim wishes to make a claim for the bite, they must do the following:
- Get some record of the attack, including statements from a witness, place where it happened, name of the owner, among others.
- Medical records
- Animal control record
- Other type of record related to the accident
- Go to the animal control agency to report the accident
- Photographs of injuries
The latter being the most essential, since it is easier to demonstrate the injuries caused in the accident in an image than to do it verbally.
Injuries that can happen from a dog bite
During the accident, the victim tends to panic, as some dogs tend to chase. Most dogs at the time of the attack try to knock the person down as a sign of superiority. At that time, the victim may suffer various injuries, some such as:
- Bites in different places such as the face, genitals, arms, any part of the body they manage to reach.
- Strong bites, thus causing a fracture
- Bites that fail to break the skin, but the dog manages to knock the person down or damage the white tissues.
- Open wounds that can become infected
- If the victim slips while running to avoid being bitten, they may trip and hit themselves causing loss of consciousness, broken head or cause death.
What does the law say about dog bites in Texas?
In the state of Texas, owners must take care that the animal does not cause injury to other people. This means that if the owner’s negligence was the cause of the dog attack, or if a dangerous dog escapes or is released and attacks someone, the owner can be sued and perhaps sent to jail.
Factors That May Affect Responsibility for Care
Determining liability in these types of accidents can be threatened by some personal factor or location. These are the most common factors that affect responsibility for care:
Invasion. In situations where it is discovered that the accident occurred through a break-in, it will be assumed that the dog was defending the scene.
Provocation. The dog owner will not be held responsible if the victim was provoking the animal.
Negligence. Dog owners can be sued as long as it is proven that the dog caused the accident due to their negligence in caring for the pet.
State Laws. These laws will vary depending on the state where the accident occurs.